All staff at The Cliff Hotel & Spa recognise and accept that the activities involved in running the business necessarily impinge upon the environment. Every effort will be made to minimise these effects, to continually drive the business forward for a more sustainable future.
Therefore, The Cliff Hotel & Spa undertakes that it will:
- Ensure through the training of all employees at all levels are aware of the potential environmental effects of their activities and the benefits of improved environmental performance.
- Communicate this environmental policy amongst all employees.
- Make this policy statement available to all interested parties upon request.
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation as a minimum standard.
- Ensure we review on a regular basis our efforts in minimising damage to the environment through all departments and activities within the business.
Take all measures that are reasonably practicable to:
- Reduce waste at source.
- Re-use waste components where it is safe and practicable to do so.
- Recover/recycle those fractions of the waste stream where an outlet is available; and dispose of final wastes by the most environmentally suitable means.
- Adopt the practice of responsible energy management through reduced consumption and the encouragement of energy efficiency throughout the business.
- Encourage the use of public transport provide facilities for the disabled, pedestrians and cyclists; and aim for continuous improvement.
This policy statement will be reviewed regularly to ensure that it remains applicable to the running of the Hotel and any agreements made between the Hotel and its stakeholders.
The Management Team
1st November 2019