Our Robin is one of the one’s that’s been here the longest and so knows everything about the hotel and the many guests and staff that have passed through the doors over the years. He’s a funny and hard-working guy who has some questionable special talents… see below!
1. Where are you from?
I’m from Surrey but now live in Cilgerran 10 minutes from here
2. How long have you lived in the area?
For around 20 years (And yet still support England in the rugby?!)
3. What do you do at The Cliff Hotel & Spa?
I’ve done lots of different things in the hotel but most recently I’ve been promoted from Events Coordinator to Deputy General Manager (Congrats Robin!)
4. How long have you worked here? How much has it changed in that time?
9 years and pretty much everything! It looks much better, and all our equipment and facilities work well now.
5. What’s your favourite food?
6. What’s your greatest achievement?
My son Alfie has just turned 1.
7. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
Got a mortgage (he’s not really this boring – promise!)
8. Favourite colour?
9. If you could have super power, what would it be?
10. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?
A boat, sun cream, and water (Got to protect that skin!)
11. Favourite past time?
Going to the gym and playing rugby
12. Do you prefer summer or winter?
Winter because I love Christmas, especially now with my son
13. What’s your favourite film?
The Rocky films
14. Favourite song of all time?
End Credits by Chase & Status
15. The best place you’ve ever been?
Salou in Spain, it reminds me of where I grew up but hotter and sunnier!
16. Do you have a special talent?
Sarcasm, and I can touch my nose with my tongue (he shows me, it’s pretty special!)
17. Favourite moment working at The Cliff Hotel & Spa?
My fiancé used to work here as a waitress and I really enjoyed seeing her once singing and taking a birthday cake to the completely wrong table many years ago!
18. What’s your favourite thing about working here now?
Working with this team, this group of people (Awww!)
We hope you’ve enjoyed hearing from another one of our favourites! Thanks Robin! Don’t forget to let us know who you want to hear from next!
The Cliff Team