Our very own star waitress Eirlys is one of the biggest and best characters here at The Cliff Hotel & Spa. Everyone’s favourite, she’s always a big hit with all of our guests and with her kind and generous nature, it’s not hard to see why. We thought we’d grill her and get some more insight into this local star. And we found out some pretty interesting stuff:
1. Where are you from?
Blaenffos near Crymych (around 10 miles from here)
2. How long have you lived in the area?
For 52 wonderful years! She’s definitely a home bunny, she certainly knows most of the local that pass through the hotel!
3. Were you named after anyone?
No but it was snowing when my twin sister and I were born so we were name Eira and Eirlys (Snow and Snowdop in Welsh)
4. What’s your favourite food?
Cawl (a classic and delicious Welsh stew)
5. Do you have children?
Sara aged 23, Dylan aged 21 (she doesn’t look old enough though!)
6. What did you do before The Cliff Hotel & Spa?
An NNEB – a Nursery Nurse in a school, a childminder whilst my children were young and I’ve also worked in Tesco.
7. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
Played rugby for Wales for a couple of years, from the aged of about 26. I played Scrum V and was a little terrier (Our very own International Sports Star was clearly very good, but she’s modest about it!)
8. Favourite colour?
9. If you could have super power, what would it be?
To bring my father back
10. If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?
I should say my husband. Obviously water, and food, ooh, actually can I change the last one? I’d take a fishing rod. She’s a clever one!
11. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and what would say to them?
Mother Theresa, and I would tell her what a very special person she was.
12. Favourite past time?
Gardening, I’ve got broad beans, peas, runner beans, beetroot, potatoes, kale, courgettes…….
13. Do you prefer summer or winter?
Summer, I love the sea.
14. What’s your favourite film?
Pretty Woman or Chalet Girl. (A modern girly fave)
15. The best place you’ve ever been?
Whitesands in St David’s, the Pembrokeshire coast – there’s no place like home.
16. Do you have a special talent?
No talent, but I enjoy cooking.
17. If you wanted everyone to know something about you, what would it be?
I’m always there if you need help. I have to say this totally fits how Eirlys is as a person, she’d do anything for anyone, and is one of the most generous people I know.
18. Favourite thing about working at The Cliff Hotel & Spa?
Meeting customers and people and working with all the staff
So that’s it guys! We hope that’s given you some insight into our fabulous Eirlys, she’s certainly one of the very best, and we love her!
Let us know which Cliff character you’d like to know more about next, and what you’d want to know!